Today I had the pleasure of talking with someone who I consider both a mentor and friend, Dr. Simon Martin. He is a registered chiropractor and the founder of Heartschool. Simon has studied psychology and anatomy at Curtin University before completing his chiropractic degree at Murdoch University. He has had the opportunity to teach neurology at tertiary level as well as work in Singapore's Camden Medical Centre. Simon is sought after for his exceptional knowledge and skills in body-based practices and has shared the stage with new world pioneers of Tantra, Yoga, Shibari and Shamanism. This is was a very interesting conversation about trauma responses and how they manifest during sexuality work.
- Simon's story about his parents, education and current work
- Emotional healing for sexually abused young women
- De-armouring and embodied presence
- Men doing sexual healing work
- Freeze response, vulnerability and desirability
- Tension responses and shadow of the trauma industry
- Fawning/Friending and countertransference
- Sacred union and sexual healers
Men, Sex & Pleasure with Cam Fraser
The intention with this podcast is to platform people who perhaps haven't been part of the discourse around masculinity and sexuality in the mainstream, spiritual, Tantra and sacred sexuality communities. From sex workers, male strippers, and relationship coaches to psychosexual therapists, transgender educators and indigenous men, "Men, Sex & Pleasure" is a podcast discussing all things masculinity, sexuality, male bodies and men's experience of pleasure.