On this episode of #mensexpleasure, I chat with Aren Bahia. Aren is a Canadian entrepreneur/philanthropist who's lived a "full spectrum life". From growing up in a rough area in Vancouver to spiritual development in Asia, Aren's seen his world shift from the life of cars, cash, and women to meditation and yoga in the Himalayas where he learned to live a life of generosity, connection, and compassion. Since starting his life over in Bali in 2016, he's launched 4 businesses in 4 years and raised tens of thousands of dollars every year for underprivileged and mentally disabled Balinese children. He's the founder of Karma House Bali, Conscious Arts Tattoos, Full Reset Coaching and a founding partner in YogiLab. We talk about Aren’s transition from organized crime to personal development and spirituality as well as what he learned from his life as a drug dealer which translates into his work today. We also spoke about what it means to perform masculinity by wearing a metaphorical mask, including tattoos, muscles, and the “bad boy” persona.
- Aren shares about his “Eat, Pray, Love” journey
- Catalysts for transformation
- Learnings from organized crime
- Practical aspects of spirituality
- Compartmentalization, context and authenticity
- The “Bad Boy” mask: Performing masculinity
- Self-pleasure, self-care, sex, and sensuality
- Defining presence and being present
- Owning your arousal and communicating with a partner
Aren’s website: www.arenbahia.com
Aren’s Instagram: @ink_pray_love
On this episode of the #mensexpleasure podcast, I chat with Mish Middelmann. Mish is the co-founder and first CEO of a hi-tech software and services start-up in the 1990s, turned systemic leadership coach since 2010. Mish was fit, healthy and sexually active when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer in November 2019, at the age of 61. He is now back to being fit and healthy and sexually active in quite different ways after a radical prostatectomy surgery in 2020. Mish and I talk about his diagnosis with prostate cancer as well as the process he went through for surgery and recovery. We also discuss the impacts that his prostatectomy had on his experience of masculinity and sexuality, such as not feeling virile, struggling to get erections, and not ejaculating anymore. Mish also shares how he has rediscovered and reconnected with his manhood and life in general, including his relationship with his partner.
- Mish talks about his diagnosis
- The process of prostatectomy
- Recovery and rehabilitation
- Impacts on masculinity and virility
- Erectile dysfunction after prostate surgery
- Learning new ways of being sexual
- Viagra, penis pumps and dry orgasms
- Reconnecting with a partner
Mish’s Twitter: @RecoveringMan1
Mish’s website: www.recoveringman.net.
On this episode of the #mensexpleasure podcast, I chat with Rory Callaghan [This episode has been edited and re-uploaded to remove mention of third parties who did not consent to having personal information shared]. Rory works with individuals and conscious healthy enterprises who are committed to developing sustainable health and wellness based lifestyles. He travels around the globe to speak at events, workshops, and retreats. Rory’s purpose is global health and wellbeing for all. His passions include health, family, happiness, connection, and fun. He values integrated health, passion/purpose, service/contribution, connection, abundance, and being a lifetime student. Rory believes that by starting with the end - or, “the big picture” - in mind, the legacy is simple. The two of us chat about his recent breakup and how he is navigating it as well as the importance of self-care and the key components that Rory considers to be fundamental for health.
- Rory talks about his work and his mission
- Rory shares about his recent breakup
- Navigating the post-breakup headspace
- Communication strategies and vulnerability
- Integrity and taking time for yourself
- What is self-care?
- The fundamentals of health
- How to achieve integrated health
- Rory offers some advice for men
Rory’s Website: Rorycallaghan.com
Rory’s website: Selfcare.global
On this episode of The Men, Sex & Pleasure podcast, I chat with Sascha Haert. Relationships are, and have always been, the most important thing Sascha’s my life. Born into a loving and present family, in a home that sat next to a firing line in communist East Berlin, Sascha learned the incredible power of healthy relationships from an early age. As a former professional basketball player and captain of the Junior National Team he went on travels around the world and grew into a life of successful entrepreneurship, investing, building and managing 6-7 figure businesses across Europe & Asia. Fueled by his passion to understand the art of human relating, Sascha moved to Bali to explore the spiritual side of life, discovering the powerful practices of meditation, yoga & energy work. He became fascinated with helping others to appreciate and access the power of navigating relationships successfully in all areas of life. Seeing others get to the point where they can apply these skills in their lives and benefit from them has become one of his greatest pleasures. The two of us talk about Sascha’s work with women and how his clients relate with the men in their lives. We also talk about our differing opinions regarding semen retention and sexual practices.
- Sascha shares about his passions and work
- Building confidence to have better sex
- Men who feel intimidated by women
- You are not your partner’s coach
- Fear of leaving a relationship
- Entrepreneurship and financial independence
- Nourishment and connecting in with your body
- The masculine seeks freedom
- Semen retention vs conscious ejaculation
- The symbolism of ejaculation
- Ejaculation shaming
- Semen retention and meditation
Sascha’s Instagram: @sascha_haer
Sascha’s Website: www.saschahaert.com
Men, Sex & Pleasure with Cam Fraser
The intention with this podcast is to platform people who perhaps haven't been part of the discourse around masculinity and sexuality in the mainstream, spiritual, Tantra and sacred sexuality communities. From sex workers, male strippers, and relationship coaches to psychosexual therapists, transgender educators and indigenous men, "Men, Sex & Pleasure" is a podcast discussing all things masculinity, sexuality, male bodies and men's experience of pleasure.